Conquer the small-business insurance market with the Small Business Coverage Specialist Designation - the industry’s only coverage-specific designation focused on the small business market, only from National Underwriter.
The Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) designation is intended for active insurance professionals who want to proceed at their own pace but who need to know that the work they’re doing is professionally relevant—and will pay off.
Prepared by George E. Krauss, D.Ed., CPCU, CLU, ChFC, ARM, president of The Magellan Group, the SBCS designation delivers practical knowledge, skills, and tools. Using a combination of print and eLearning courses, the SBCS designation is divided into these modules:
- Introduction to Commercial Insurance (eLearning course)
- Businessowners Policy—Property and Liability (eLearning course and Coverage Guide)
- Small Business Auto (eLearning course and Coverage Guide)
- Workers Compensation for Small Business (eLearning course and Coverage Guide)
- Home-Based Business (eLearning course and Coverage Guide)
The SBCS program includes:
- All relevant eLearning materials
- The complementary Coverage Guides
- An exclusive Study Guide
Actually Use What You Learn
By completing this designation you’ll acquire a wide array of hard skills. As an SBCS designee, you will:
- Know how to succeed in the multi-faceted area of small business insurance,
- Be able to quickly identify the best policies to serve each small business owner,
- Fully understand when to use a Businessowners Policy instead of a home-office endorsement or a commercial package policy,
- Be able to differentiate between BOP coverage and other coverages, including CP, CGL, BAP, and
- Gain industry and peer recognition for advanced knowledge in coverage areas.
Optional CE credits may be available for various components of the SBCS Designation program. If you’d like to receive CE credit on an exam, please call 1-800-543-0874 or email CustomerService@nuco.com prior to taking each exam to verify what is required in order to receive credit for your state.
For questions about National Underwriter’s designation programs, please contact Janet Neiheisel at email@example.com.