Download an eBook to Your Xoom
Before You Begin...
Downloading eBooks purchased from the National Underwriter Reference Bookstore to your Xoom is easy, and there are only a couple of simple steps to follow. An Adobe ID is required and necessary to ensure that your eBooks are accessible to only you on the devices that you authorize. Transferring your eBooks to your Xoom will be done through Dropbox, a free cloud-based storage provider. Reading your eBooks on your Xoom will be done through the free Bluefire Reader app.
Install and Authorize Digital Editions on Your PC or Mac
- An Adobe ID is required. If you do not already have one, please visit the Adobe website and obtain a free Adobe ID.
- Also on the Adobe website, Download Adobe Digital Editions. Once downloaded, install Digital Editions.
- Once installed, run Digital Editions. You must then authorize your computer using your Adobe ID and password.
Download Your Purchased eBook to Your PC or Mac
- You must first download your purchased eBook to your PC or Mac before it can transferred to your Xoom. On your PC or Mac, select the eBook that you want to download from your My Downloadable Products page.
- When prompted, click your specific browser's 'Open File' option or choose Digital Editions as the application to open your eBook.
- Once your eBook opens in Digital Editions, it has been successfully downloaded. You may now exit Digital Editions
Install and Authorize Bluefire Reader on Your Xoom
- On your Xoom, download the free Bluefire Reader app from the App Marketplace.
- Once the installation is complete, open the Bluefire Reader. In the menu at the bottom of the screen tap 'Info'. Enter your Adobe ID and password to authorize the Bluefire Reader.
Upload Your eBook to DropBox
- On your PC or Mac, visit the DropBox website and create a free DropBox account.
- It is not necessary to download the Dropbox software to your computer. Click the large Dropbox icon at the top of the screen. Once the online Dropbox file manager loads, click the 'Upload' icon and click 'Choose Files'...
- On a PC, browse to "Documents / My Digital Editions". Select the eBook (it will have an .epub extension) you want to transfer to your Xoom and click 'Open'.
- On a Mac, browse to "Documents / Digital Editions". Select the eBook (it will have an .epub extension) you want to transfer to your Xoom and click 'Open'.
- Once the upload is complete, click 'Done'.
Download Your eBook to Your Xoom
- On your Xoom, install the free Dropbox app from the App Marketplace.
- Once the installation is complete, open DropBox and sign in.
- Select the eBook you want to transfer to your Xoom. When prompted, click 'Open with Bluefire Reader'.