The Tools & Techniques of Income Tax Planning, 5th Edition
This single-volume reference takes you through all the income tax topics your clients may encounter, no matter where they originate, providing easy-to-understand, practical guidance for situations that are often confusing.
As non-tax legislation continues to directly and indirectly affect current tax law, more and more financial advisors, planners, and insurance professionals are finding themselves in need of reliable tools and expert insights into up-to-date income tax planning techniques.
This new, completely updated 5th edition of The Tools & Techniques of Income Tax Planning provides all of that in abundance. In fact, this edition has been significantly enhanced with the specific goal of enabling you to:
- Help your individual and business clients plan for and manage complex income, wealth and debt issues
- Avoid common, and costly, tax planning mistakes when putting together a financial plan for your clients
- Bridge the gap between your clients and their dedicated tax practitioners
- Save time—when serving both your individual and small business clients
In addition to everything that made the previous four editions so effective and popular, the volume you now own delivers added features, including:
- An increased emphasis on planning with a focus on the greater importance of income tax planning over estate planning in certain circumstances
- Valuable tips on planning for an IRS audit
- Coverage of the current tax implications of trust formation and distribution decisions
- Important insights into tax planning for clients with shorter life expectancies
Plus, The Tools & Techniques of Income Tax Planning, 5th Edition also includes:
- Added chapters covering basis planning, IRS issues, and more
- Real-world examples of tax planning techniques, tips, and issues
- Professional guidance on how to avoid common tax traps
- Up-to-date tax rules and regulations—all presented in clear language
And, as before, every area of tax planning covered in this book is accompanied by the tools and techniques you can use to: help your clients successfully navigate the latest income tax rules and regulations; quickly simplify the tax aspects of complex planning strategies; and confidently advise your individual clients as well as small- and medium-size business owners.
|Publication Date||May 24, 2016|
|Author||Stephan R. Leimberg, Michael S. Jackson, Jay Katz, John J. Scroggin, & Robert S. Keebler|