Due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, healthcare providers have rapidly shifted to adoption of telemedicine options. Telemedicine Facts provides an in-depth look at the administrative and regulatory requirements for telemedicine operations in government health insurance programs (Medicare/Medicaid) and private health insurance plans.
With 550 Q&As, this new title explains the most important administrative and compliance issues for a broad range of healthcare practitioners and planners, covering:
- Comprehensive advice about the way telemedicine programs must be administered for both healthcare providers and those dealing with the topic from an employee-benefit perspective,
- Detailed explanations of the Medicare/Medicaid billing requirements for telemedicine services,
- New and emerging medical and insurance compliance issues,
- Patient privacy and data protection issues,
- Solutions for both government and private insurance plans,
- And more!
As practitioners and administrators transition from the rapid deployment of telemedicine services to long-term development of telemedicine as a key component of a healthcare plan, these questions and answers will become increasingly important over the medium to long term. Telemedicine Facts is sure to become a valuable component of your professional library.
- Overview of Telemedicine
- State-by-state regulation of Telemedicine
- Type of Telemedicine services and their applications
- Benefits of Telemedicine
- Notification of Enforcement Discretion regarding COVID-19
- Telemedicine and Medicare
- Medicare/Medicaid billing requirements for Telemedicine
- Licensing and parity Issues
- Patient privacy and data protection
- Government insurance plans
- Private insurance plans
- And more!