With the passage of the far-reaching Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, financial advisors, planners, and insurance professionals are in need of up-to-date, reliable tools and expert insights into income tax planning techniques. The new 6th Edition of The Tools & Techniques of Income Tax Planning provides all of that in abundance. All chapters have been completely updated to reflect the many changes brought about by the Tax Act.
New and revised material includes:
- A chapter on Section 199A Qualified Business Income Deduction for pass-through entities
- Tax treatment of spousal support payments mandated by divorce and separation agreements
- Updated AMT calculations
- Information on accounting methods and depreciation rules
- Like-kind exchanges and Opportunity Zone investments
- And much more!
And, as with the first five editions of this valuable resource, readers benefit from:
- Detailed explanations of complex real-world tax issues
- Easy-to-read explanations of how various tax strategies work and when they should and should not be employed
- Clear, thorough examples that show exactly when certain tax rules apply, and how planners can help their clients avoid “tax traps” that can lead to unexpected and unnecessary tax liability
- Comprehensive explanation of investment-related tax concepts which help investors and planners devise tax-efficient strategies
- Thoughtful, independent advice about the best strategies for specific situations
Every area of tax planning covered in this book is accompanied by the tools and techniques you can use to: help your clients successfully navigate the latest income tax rules and regulations; quickly simplify the tax aspects of complex planning strategies; and confidently advise your individual clients as well as small- and medium-size business owners.
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 9781945424984 EISBN 9781949506006 Page Count 448 Publication Date Sep 11, 2018 Author Stephan R. Leimberg, Michael S. Jackson, Jay Katz, John J. Scroggin, and Robert S. Keebler Edition 6