The Fundamentals of Writing a Financial Plan, 1st Edition provides a new and unique approach to helping aspiring financial planners write a comprehensive financial plan. The book outlines how the CFP Board of Standards, Inc. newly-revised 7-step systematic financial planning process can be applied when writing a comprehensive financial plan for an individual or family.
The book not only highlights various elements involved in comprehensive financial planning, including estate, tax, cash flow, education planning, and much more – but also introduces important behavioral perspectives and communication techniques. As a way to synthesize these pieces and learn how the plan writing process unfolds, students follow a running case—the Hubble family.
This book features:
- A thorough review of the new 7-step systematic financial planning process.
- A description of the regulatory environment in which every financial planner operates.
- An in-depth discussion of client communication and counseling techniques.
- Financial planning strategies that can be applied to a variety of clients and client circumstances.
- A chapter-by-chapter focus on analytical tools and techniques that can be used to evaluate client data.
- An example of a complete written financial plan with explanations about how analyses lead to the recommendations.
- Chapter-based learning aids, including access to a fully integrated Financial Planning Analysis Excel™ package and other online support materials, including video examples of client communication and counseling strategies.
- Instructions on how to do calculations essential to creating a financial plan.
- Numerous self-test questions to test comprehension of material.
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 978-1-949506-36-5 EISBN 978-1-949506-40-2 Page Count 832 Publication Date Jan 16, 2019 Author John E. Grable, PhD., CFP; Michelle E. Kruger, Ph.D.; Megan R. Ford, M.S., LMFT Edition 1