The Case Approach to Financial Planning: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice, Fourth Edition fosters sound planning logic and decision-making using the CFP Board of Standards, Inc.’s newly-revised 7-step systematic financial planning process. This textbook provides the tools and foundation for aspiring financial planners to learn by doing, with real-world scenarios that can provide insights into the financial planning process as they put their financial planning skills to the test.
The fourth edition features:
- Mini-cases at the end of each chapter with exercises that challenge students to apply chapter content
- Quantitative and analytical mini cases that feature multiple-choice questions designed to develop a student’s ability to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize data to create appropriate recommendations matched to a client’s needs
- Chapter-based learning aids, including access to a fully integrated Financial Planning Analysis Excel™ package and other online support materials
- Completely updated strategies incorporating the provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (2017)
- A step-by-step guide to the preparation of a comprehensive personal financial plan.
- Financial planning strategies that can be applied to a variety of clients and client circumstances
Like previous editions, this book continues to review content of the major subject areas typically taught in a college-level financial planning curriculum and includes a comprehensive review of important financial planning mathematical formulas and procedures. Along with instructions on how to do the calculations essential to creating a financial plan, the variety of chapter-based case examples illustrate how financial planning strategies can be used to develop client-specific recommendations, helping to set up future financial planners for success.
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 978-1-949506-35-8 EISBN 978-1-949506-39-6 Page Count 640 Publication Date Dec 20, 18 Author John E. Grable, PhD., CFP; Ronald A. Sages, Ph.D., AEP, CFP, CTFA; Michelle E. Kruger, Ph.D. Edition 4