The Case Approach to Financial Planning: Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice, Third Edition, fosters sound planning logic and decision-making using the systematic financial planning process approach. This textbook provides the tools and foundation for preparing a financial plan and provides students with a real-world demonstration of how a financial plan is developed.
The text features:
• A content review of all of the major subject areas in the financial planning curriculum set in the context of the financial planning process.
• A variety of case studies:
- The Bedo Family Case serves as the foundation for writing a comprehensive financial plan. Questions and discussion related specifically to the Bedo case run through the entire book.
- Chapter-based case examples illustrate how financial planning recommendations are developed to help clients meet goals and objectives.
- End-of-chapter mini-cases and questions challenge students to apply chapter content.
- Quantitative/analytical mini-cases feature multiple-choice questions and answers, designed to develop a student’s ability to analyze, evaluate, and synthesize strategies to create appropriate recommendations matched to the clients.
- A separate ethics case tests knowledge of securities rules and financial planning practice standards.
• Chapter-based learning aids for focus and retention of key information: Key Terms, Learning Objectives linked to end-of-chapter Learning Outcomes, and End-of-Chapter Questions and Resource Lists.
And, new and expanded coverage for the third edition includes:
• 14 newly updated chapters that explore all levels of financial planning issues—from budgeting to estate planning.
• The latest tax and financial information.
• Updated content to comply with the latest CFP Board requirements.
• Newly enhanced learning tools including: key terms; visual reminders of key points throughout each chapter; and self-tests.
• Updated content on planning for special populations, including same-sex couples.
• Updated case problems throughout.
• Enhanced visuals to clarify complex content.
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 9781945424021 Page Count 880 Publication Date Aug 24, 2016 Author John E. Grable, PhD, CFP® Edition 3