The Principles of Estate Planning, 3rd Edition is newly revised with updated information on the most current developments in the estate planning field, including ATRA-related tax changes, the use of the new ABLE accounts for medical expenses planning, information on the use of trust protectors, and planning techniques that can be used for newly recognized same-sex marriages.
The book is a complete single-volume source that covers all aspects of estate planning, from the basic principles of property transfers to complex financial techniques that can be used to deal with a wide variety of client circumstances. The authors bring a wealth of experience in both professional and academic arenas that help students understand the concepts that are critical for achieving important professional designations as well building a successful practice with real-world examples of common estate planning problems.
This textbook allows students to work with the most current information, thus helping to gain a better understanding of how to advise clients in the real-world using real numbers. Teach your students using the most up-to-date estate planning textbook on the market.
The authors, Carolynn Tomin and Colleen Carcone, fully address all of the CFP® Certification Examination Principal Topics for Estate Planning. In addition to this on-target approach, Principles of Estate Planning features:
• Content that is systematically organized into subtopics to help simplify the understanding and retention of complex material
• "Chapter Contents" that outline the topics addressed in each chapter
• "Learning Objectives" in each chapter that provide topic focus
• "Client Situations" that present practice scenarios and illustrate the practical application of key concepts in client situations
• "Practitioner Tips" that provide practical advice and guidance
• "Practice Standards" that highlight the related steps in the financial planning process from CFP Board's "Standards of Professional Conduct"
• Chapter summaries, key terms, and review questions that aid recall, retention, and review of the topics
• And much more!
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 9781949506044 EISBN 9781949506051 Page Count 640 Publication Date Oct 17, 2018 Author Carolynn Tomin, CFP® and Colleen Carcone, JD, CFP® Edition 3