The 2019 Healthcare Reform Facts is the comprehensive, go-to source for information regarding the impact of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA). Uniquely organized in a convenient and easy-to-understand Question and Answer format, 2019 Healthcare Reform Facts helps you quickly and confidently find the answers you need to the most frequently asked questions on the PPACA.
This publication helps you ensure that you and your clients are in compliance with the Affordable Care Act by clearly explaining:
- Effective dates of various penalties
- Types of health insurance affected by healthcare reform
- Reasons employers should or should not continue to offer health insurance
- Tax incentives for offering health insurance
- Tax and other benefits of a grandfathered plan
- How the health insurance exchanges work as well as a host of other valuable information
With 2019 Healthcare Reform Facts, professionals will be able to provide accurate and authoritative answers to questions related to healthcare reform changes, as well as understand the continuing implementation of the ACA and related legislation, rules, regulations and requirements.
The 2019 edition of Healthcare Reform Facts for has been completely revised, featuring:
- 71 newly added questions and answers, including 25 new questions on new and existing Health Insurance Reporting Requirements
- Information regarding short-term limited-duration health insurance plans based on President Trump’s new executive order
- Updated provisions, such as the delay in the implementation of Cadillac Tax
- Changes to medical loss ratio and limited wrap around coverage
- Changes in Qualified Health Plan (QHP) certifications
- Changes in how Individual Health Insurance Tax Credits are calculated
- Changes in participation of Health Exchanges from state to federal sites
- Medicaid Expansion update and analysis
- Effect of HRAs and QSEHRAs
- Updated deductible values, cost sharing limits, Wellness program information, and Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Changes in Employer Mandate to offer coverage and the penalty for not meeting affordability requirements
- Repeal of Individual Mandate, effective in 2019
- Update on related taxes, such as tanning bed tax, medical device tax, and Medicare tax on investment income of 3.8%
2019 Healthcare Reform Facts brings together the guidance, rules, and regulations from all the governing bodies into one resource, making it easy to find authoritative, insightful, and current answers to healthcare reform questions.
Related Titles Also Available:
- Health Savings Accounts Facts
- Social Security & Medicare Facts
- Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits
- Tax Facts on Individuals & Small Business
- The Advisor’s Guide to Long-Term Care
For customer service questions or to place orders for any of our products, please call 1-800-543-0874.
- Additional Information
Image Gallery N/A ISBN 9781949506082 EISBN 9781949506099 Page Count 640 Publication Date Nov 1, 2018 Author Michael D. Thomas, J.D. Edition 2019