Cancellation & Nonrenewal outlines how insurers can legally terminate insurance policies in all 50 states, District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, covering both cancellation and nonrenewal of standard property & casualty insurance policies on a state-by-state basis, as governed by the states.
This publication includes information on all major lines of business within both commercial and personal lines in an easy-to-use format providing comprehensive coverage of the subject matter.
Cancellation & Nonrenewal also comes with an online version! This supplementary, online resource is updated throughout the year to reflect the most current and accurate information. This book is a picture of this information at a point in time, but the online charts and information make this resource even more useful and valuable.
New in the 2020 Edition:
- The most up-to-date rules, regulations, and policies broken down by state, as well as cell phone restrictions; data breach notification laws; and fraud definition, reporting, and bureaus
- A new chart depicting which states allow electronic filing for proof of insurance
- Fair claims processing information
- Agency cancellation notice requirements
- Several charts outlining line of business termination, policyholder notification, state insurance provisions for military personnel, cancellation by line of business, claim handling requirements, and more!
Commercial Lines of Business
- Agricultural Capital Assets (Output Policy)
- Capital Assets Program
- Commercial Auto
- Commercial Crime
- Commercial General Liability
- Commercial Inland Marine
- Commercial Property
- Commercial Umbrella
- Equipment Breakdown
- Financed Premiums
- Management Protection
- Medical Professional Liability
- Surplus Lines
- Workers’ Compensation
Personal Lines of Business
- Dwelling fire
- Personal Auto
- Personal Umbrella
Cancellation & Nonrenewal comes to you from National Underwriter experts and the editors of FC&S Expert Coverage Interpretation, which is committed to keeping you up-to-date on the latest insurance coverage interpretations and analyses. It is the authoritative reference tool for agents and underwriters who need to know how a policy may be legally terminated by an insurer.