Conquer the Small-Business Insurance Market with the Small Business Coverage Specialist Designation …Only from The National Underwriter Company
The Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) designation is intended for the active insurance professional who wants to proceed at his or her own pace but who needs to know that the work they’re doing is professionally relevant—and will pay off.
Prepared by George E. Krauss, D.Ed., CPCU, CLU, ChFC, ARM, President of The Magellan Group, the SBCS designation delivers practical knowledge, skills, and tools.
Delivered through a combination of print and CD—or online-based materials, the Small Business Coverage Specialist designation is divided into five modules, covering:
» Insurance Principles (eLearning)
» Businessowners Policy—Property and Liability (eLearning and Coverage Guide)
» Business Auto (eLearning and Coverage Guide)
» Workers Compensation (eLearning and Coverage Guide)
» Home-Based Business (eLearning and Coverage Guide)
The SBCS program includes:
» The exclusive Study Guide
» All relevant eLearning materials
» The complementary Coverage Guides
» An attractive bookslip, customized for SBCS and ideal for display
And SBCS is self-paced and includes self-check quizzes, tips on using the course guide, expanded final reviews of bulleted topics, and more.
Actually Use What You Learn
By completing this designation you’ll acquire a wide array of hard skills. As an SBCS designee, you will:
» Know how to succeed in the multi-faceted area of small business insurance
» Be able to quickly identify the best policies to serve each small business owner
» Fully understand when to use a Businessowners Policy instead of a home-office endorsement or a commercial package policy
» Differentiate between BOP coverage and other coverages, including CP, CGL, BAP, and more
To be eligible to earn the Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) Designation, you must meet one or more of the following qualifications:
• Licensed agent, broker, adjuster, CSR or solicitor.
• At least one year of full-time experience in the insurance industry or as a risk management practitioner.
• Students of insurance academies authorized to confer the Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) designation.
Benefits of Attaining the Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) Designation
There are several benefits of earning your Small Business Coverage Specialist (SBCS) Designation:
• Holders of the industry’s only coverage-specific designation focused on the small business market have demonstrated advanced coverage expertise and career professionalism.
• The designation kit includes a complete reference set of small business coverage-oriented guides from the editors of the renowned FC&S Bulletins® published by The National Underwriter Company.
• Industry and peer recognition for advanced knowledge in coverage areas.
• Optional CE credits may be available for various components of the SBCS Designation program.
Dec 9, 2013
Prepared by George E. Krauss, D.Ed., CPCU, CLU, ChFC, ARM