Download an eBook to Your Mac
Before You Begin...
Downloading eBooks purchased from the National Underwriter Reference Bookstore to your Mac is easy, and there are only a couple of simple steps to follow. An Adobe ID is required and necessary to ensure that your eBooks are accessible to only you on the devices that you authorize. Reading your eBooks on your Mac will be done through the free Adobe Digital Editions software app.
Install and Authorize Digital Editions on Your Mac
- An Adobe ID is required. If you do not already have one, please visit the Adobe website and obtain a free Adobe ID.
- Also on the Adobe website, Download Adobe Digital Editions. Once downloaded, install Digital Editions.
- Once installed, run Digital Editions. You must then authorize your computer using your Adobe ID and password.
Download Your Purchased eBook to Your Mac
- On your Mac, select the eBook that you want to download from your My Downloadable Products page.
- When prompted, click your specific browser's 'Open File' option or choose Digital Editions as the application to open your eBook.
- Once your eBook opens in Digital Editions, it has been successfully downloaded. You may now exit Digital Editions