Homeowners Coverage Guide covers the most important aspects, and provides analysis, of the Insurance Services Office Homeowners form. It focuses on the 2011 ISO homeowners coverage form (effective in May 2011) and the 2008 AAIS homeowners forms.
The book expands the ever-popular "Coverage Scenarios," which provide real life as well as technical information on some of the most problematic of homeowners insurance issues. The Agents' Miscellany is updated to provide the agent with checklists and pertinent information needed to tailor a homeowners policy to a particular client's or prospect's needs. These checklists serve a dual purpose in helping to satisfy client needs while protecting agents against possible E&O exposure.
The newest release of this industry standard delivers significant information, including these key topics:
- Comparison between ISO’s 2000 and 2011 homeowners forms
- Comparison between ISO’s 2011 and AAIS 2008 homeowners forms
- New coverage scenarios
- Discussion of new case law (and its implications).
- Enhancements to the Agent’s Miscellany
- Analysis of three new “Hot Topics,” which contain references to various court rulings discussing:
- the policy term “where you reside”
- alcohol, drugs, and the homeowners exclusion
- malicious prosecution
Jun 10, 2011
Diane W. Richardson, CPCU