Healthcare reform is regulated by a number of different government entities — the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Labor, and even state governments. This makes for a confusing, cobbled together system that is difficult to understand and even more difficult to track. 2015 Healthcare Reform Facts makes sense out of the confusion by sifting through all the information to provide clear, concise guidance.
With hundreds of the most frequently asked questions on the implementation, compliance, and tax implications of the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the completely updated 2015 Healthcare Reform Facts will guide your real world decisions by clarifying:
• Effective dates of various penalties
• Types of health insurance affected by healthcare reform
• Rules regarding exchanges
• Reasons employers should or should not continue to offer health insurance
• Legal challenges
• Tax incentives for offering employees health insurance
• Tax and other benefits of a grandfathered plan
• And much more!
These are just some of the updates in the 2015 Edition:
• Effect of the Supreme Court decision (Burwell v. Hobby Lobby Stores) on the Affordable Care Act
• Integration of Multiple Health Insurance plans with Employer-funded HRAs
• Combining HSAs with HDHPs
• HSAs, FSAs, EAPs, and Employer Plans
• IRS Same-Sex Guidance for HSAs and Cafeteria Plans
• SHOP Delay
• Small Business Health Tax Credit Rules
• Controlled Groups and the Employer Mandate
• Employer Mandate Regulations for Contingent Workers
• Judicial Challenges to the Premium Tax Credit
• Paying Physicians on Value not Volume
• Out-of-Pocket Limits Extensions
• Administrative Extension of Non-ACA Compliant Individual and Small Group Health Insurance Policies
• Applying Healthcare Reform to Self-Insured Group Plans
• And much more!
Sep 22, 2014
Alson R. Martin, J.D., LL.M.