Licensing and Surplus Lines Laws is the industry-standard for guidance on every issue that arises in this fundamental area. Filled with the information you need for doing business everywhere in the United States (plus all U.S. territories), this valuable resource will save you time, hassle, and possibly even penalties.
Only Licensing and Surplus Lines Laws delivers time-saving, 50-state guidance on:
- The applicability of licensing laws in every U.S. jurisdiction including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands
- Pre-licensing requirements
- Licensing requirements for resident and non-resident insurance professionals
- Commissions and fees—with detailed coverage of disclosure requirements
- Continuing education requirements
- And much more!
This latest edition covers many key developments, including:
- A completely revised, extremely convenient chart reflecting which states require which licenses
- A clear and concise rundown of which states have implemented which provisions of the Nonadmitted & Reinsurance Reform Act (NRRA)
- Full guidance on suitability in annuity transactions: producers must now be certain that any annuity they sell is appropriate for the consumer to whom they’re selling it
- A summary of which states have adopted the state-based systems, providing state regulators with Web-based applications to support regulatory functions such as applications, renewals, and complaints
- And more!
Dec 9, 2012
Christine G. Barlow, CPCU